Friday, June 21, 2019

Book Review: Educated

EducatedEducated by Tara Westover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well that was highly depressing! If I wrote this story as fiction, no one would believe human beings could act so horribly--mentally ill or not. One things that was missing for me in her journey was her own freedom from the religious conservatism she was brought up with. I mean, it sounds like she was having sex (and out of marriage), so how did she get to that point when boys made her cringe at their touch?

This book is not for the tender of heart, even more so because these violently aggressive crazy people are still alive and out in the world. Trigger warnings abound for anyone who has suffered domestic abuse. That Tara accomplished what she did in life is beyond remarkable and an important lesson for anyone in a position to help others--financially or through education. You may be the only shot they get.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment