Friday, September 23, 2016

5 Year Anniversary




I'm thrilled to be able to add this badge to my website and blog! If you write for children or illustrate for kid's books, you should certainly know about this great organization: Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. Conferences and workshops that I have attended through the regional branches of SCBWI have been of great value and helped me hone my craft and fine-tune manuscripts in progress--not to mention the fantastic people you will meet. My membership renewal this month starts me on my 6th year of membership. Check them out. Join. Go to conferences. I highly recommend it.

Though I do more than write children's books, it is certainly the focus of most of my days right now. Because Max's Wild Night has been so popular, I moved up the release date of Dottie's Daring Day and shifted it ahead of the next cat book. My current plan is to have Dottie's book ready by February 1. When you consider what needs to happen before a book is ready for publication, that is just a hiccup away. My husband has already started his job as my first reader, and other beta readers will be on the task shortly.

Chapter One is printed out and being reviewed!

The cover designer and proofreader have me on their schedules, so it is forward full speed. October gets crazy with the Ozark Creative Writer's Conference and our long days at the War Eagle Craft Fair, but you can expect to see the cover for Dottie's Daring Day in late-October. Yay!

Now it's back to revising. As any writer will tell you, that part of the process doesn't end until you just run out of time. But I will leave you with this great new review for Why Kimba Saved The World. Reviews like this are what keep me going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever!September 18, 2016
This review is from: Why Kimba Saved the World (Paperback)
I've never seen this style of writing before. Very clever. The narrator is inside the cat, Kimba's, head. The narrator never goes inside the humans' heads, or any of the other cat or dog characters. Very well-written. I am a grammar/proofreading nerd, and I was so pleased to not find one single error in this book! That is so rare these days. What a breath of fresh air reading something so well-written.

An easy read, and I won't post any spoilers except to say I will never trust my cats again when they climb up between me and my computer! ha ha ha

Loved this book. The descriptions of every character, the scenes, the rooms in the house, the outdoor scenes are excellent.

Kudos to Meg Welch Dendler. I can't wait to read her other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment