Saturday, October 24, 2020

Millionaires For The Month Review


Millionaires for the Month by Stacy McAnulty

by 
13067378
's review

it was amazing

McAnulty brings her A-game to this book. The story is thoroughly delightful and kept me reading long past bedtime. I loved the relationship between the two very different characters, and I imagine researching the details for this book was a blast.

I admit, the back matter of the book made me want to run away screaming, but I didn't because my husband was asleep next to me. For those of you who enjoy math (and seeing anything involving figuring out X doesn't make you break out in a flop sweat), there are all kinds of activities that could be done throughout the book as the characters manage their money, and there are details in the back explaining many mathy things (that I skipped). Math teachers everywhere can enjoy teaming up with the reading teachers!

I highly recommend this for middle grade and YA readers -- and adults as well. What would you buy with a million dollars?

No comments:

Post a Comment