Monday, November 30, 2015

Marshfield Christmas Bazaar 2015

We added a new event to the calendar this year: the Marshfield Shop Small Saturday event (aka Marshfield Christmas Bazaar) in Marshfield, Missouri, just outside of Springfield.


There were quite a few vendors in their new location at Shook Elementary, but the weather was awful-- I mean, a few degrees from freezing rain awful -- so attendance wasn't great. We did, however, have a blast with our fellow vendors.


THIS was going on next to me on one side all day. The Crazy Cake Lady had some magnificent cupcakes. Scott was partial to the ones with Ghirardelli Chocolate and a Ferrero Rocher on top and in the middle. I had my eye on the chocolate chip buttercreams. We took home a mixed dozen.


And THIS was going on next to me on the other side. For those of you who know me, you understand that this is even worse that a wall of cupcakes. I collect little plush lovelies like this. I really had my eye on a little round Tigger, but he didn't come home with me. I was a good mom and picked this warm and fuzzy headband up for Callista instead. 


I did take home a Kimba Baby Christmas ornament to join my collection already on the tree. I mean, come on. How could I leave this behind for under $2??


It was definitely one of those events where the vendors spend most of their time shopping and buying each other's stuff. The Crazy Cake Lady bought a copy of "Max's Wild Night" for her family but was already five chapters into it herself by the time we went home (and loving it). Scott got many lessons on the massive ($25,000) sewing machine across the way with the embroidery lady. Sorry. I never got her name. Scott was intrigued by the machine, so they were friends for the day.


I'm not sure if this is an event that we will do next year. It was a two-and-a-half-hour drive each way. That's a big hurdle to begin with. We did cover our booth fee in the end, even though it was higher than normal because we got in on it late. We had some decent sales, and it was most certainly not our worst event ever, despite the bad weather. It was a fun day with great folks to be met. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment